Luxury Residential Landscape Design Services in Los Angeles
Cozy nights gathered around your outdoor fireplace. A BBQ woven seamlessly into the outdoor deck or patio. A beautiful stone pool deck with umbrellas and lounge chairs. An intimate and cozy garden. You can enjoy these things and more! Team up with Kate Anne Designs to create the outdoor space you’ve always dreamed of.
At Kate Anne Designs, we understand the importance of having an outdoor space that reflects your style and values while fulfilling the practical needs of your family. We find that mixing eye-catching elements of hardscaping with the unique plantings and flowers of landscaping produces stunning spaces that you can enjoy for decades to come. To ensure that you know exactly what to expect when you work with Kate Anne Designs, let’s take a look at what exactly hardscaping entails.
What is Hardscaping?
Hardscaping is any element of a landscape that is hard to the touch. Think bricks, concrete, stone, gravel, and wood. By contrast, softscape describes grass, plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees. Hardscape describes an inanimate object. Softscape is alive.
Landscaping and Hardscaping Services at Kate Anne Designs
What are your options for making over your lawn? The possibilities are practically endless!
A few examples include:
- Patios & decks
- Stone, stucco, block, or wood slat garden walls
- Stone, metal, and wood fences
- Gazebos & trellises
- Fountains and other water features
- Accents such as large clay pots, outdoor art pieces
- Pathways and steps
- Outdoor fireplaces and fire pits
- BBQ islands and outdoor kitchens
- Lawn or synthetic turf
- Plantings, shrubs, hedges, trees, and all things living
- And much more!
We can make your aspirations come true, and provide you with the level of residential landscape design Los Angeles won’t stop talking about.
Selecting Hardscape Materials
Here is what to expect from different hardscaping materials:
- Wood: Wood is the most popular material, typically preferred for its elegant and natural looks. We seal new wood hardscapes to enable them to last longer.
- Concrete: Concrete is a durable material that also offers aesthetic versatility. The look of concrete is both modern and timeless.
- Stone & Clay Products: Stone and clay materials can be tailored, cut, and applied to many different uses. Stone outlasts wood hardscaping materials.
- Gravel: Loose stone or gravel can also be an adaptable addition to your hardscape. Options include lining garden beds, filling in fire pit and patio areas, creating a path or walkway, or covering the bulk of gardens and planters.
- Synthetic Material: Synthetic decking is perfect for those with children and families. Composite materials do not splinter. Plus, they don’t attract bugs, mold, mildew, and rot, and have very little maintenance.
For a residential landscape design Los Angeles residents can rely on, choose Kate Anne Designs. We work with these materials and other every day. With them, we can create an extraordinary and practical addition to your yard.
Contact Kate Anne Designs today to schedule a one-on-one consultation.